Monday, February 2, 2009

Hibiscuses and Hippopotamuses

Really, this entry has nothing to do with the hippopotamus. I typed Hibiscuses, and it made me think of the funny (and similar) plural of Hippopotamuses... I like the alliteration, really.

Anyway. About the hibiscus. And the bag. And the felted flower that was inspired by the hibiscus!




You see, I was always firmly opposed to felting. I thought it was silly. But then I felted this purse.
I think I'm a felting fiend now.

    I especially like making the flowers:

I felt a big piece of knitted wool,
     then I cut the petal by hand (and no template)--then felt by hand the edges of the flower, which lets me shape the petal into the fantabulous little creation above.

Well. I think it's fantabulous. Who knew I'd ever felt a single thing--ever?!


4 comments:

that chick said...

pretty!

felting is fun and addictive. it looks so cool, but it's not that hard! what could be better?

angi said...

So true! (the "what could be better" part)--and thanks!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the little flower! I've only felted one purse (which I can't find) but I'm thinking of making a new one. Although I don't carry purses. But your bag is making me want to!

angi said...

Hey thanks! Glad to be an inspiration! :)